- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 large pot
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- (1 Rating)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Half a red onion
- 2 pounds cubed stewing steak
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup of red wine
- Bay leaves
- Garlic (to taste)
- Tablespoon of Corn Starch
- 1. Heat the olive oil, and saute the onion
- 2. Gradually adding the beef cubes to the sauteed onion, stirring until cubes are browned on each side.
- 3. Add Salt and pepper to the beef while it sautes
- 4. Now - for this stew it can be made in any crock pot/Slow Cooker. Or pot on the stove! For today, I am making this in my InstantPot on the slow cooker setting.
- 5. Set slow cooker for 2 hours and add beef and onion, with the beef broth, place lid on.
- 6. While that cooks, prepare the potatoes and carrots. (I cut the potatoes into nice bite size pieces and the carrot small chunks)
- 7. After half an hour of slow cooker time - Add all other ingredients to the pot, place the lid on let cook for the rest of the 2 hour setting.
- 8. After 2 hours, open lid and remove a small amount of the liquid into a small bowl, where you will mix in the corn starch.
- 9. When fully mixed pour this thickened liquid back into pot and stir it around to thicken the liquid just slightly (You may want to add more cornstarch if you want it thicker - just be careful not to dull the flavour too much!)
- 10. Place lid back on and set the time for 1 more hour.
- 11. Serve stew alone in a bowl, with freshly baked buns or biscuits, on mashed potato, on rice, or as I did this time... On baked sweet potatoes!
I'm Khaili, and I love life! I hope you find inspiration while on my slice of the web :)Read more about this chef..
Full bodied and flavourful stew with tender beef and hints...
Sweet and Zesty Shrimp side dish. Also works great as...
Good morning sunshine, shall we start the day with some...
Lightly breaded chicken with a creamy basil sauce. Delicious service...
Oatmeal topped with sliced Banana, Strawberries and Raspberries – with...