- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 Cake
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- (4 Rating)
- For the Cake:
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 3/4 cup raw honey
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- a cap full of vanilla
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped or sliced almonds
- 2 little cups of apple sauce (Not measuring cup – the cups they come in :)
- 1 apple peeled and thinly sliced
- For the Frosting:
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (you can also use cane sugar)
- 2 Tbs raw honey
- 2 Tbs milk
- Dash of vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1. For the Cake:
- 2. Add all cake ingredients to a bowl (Except almonds and apples) – and mix with electric mixer (Or by hand if you like the arm exercise :)
- 3. Pour mixture into a greased cake tin. (This can be any size - this cake works Bigger and thinner or smaller and deeper)
- 4. Place peeled apple slices all over cake
- 5. Sprinkle with almond slices
- 6. Place in pre heated oven (350) for about 45 minutes (Check after 30 minutes and every 5 minutes until cooked)
- 7. Let cool before frosting
- 8. For the Frosting:
- 9. Melt butter. Add brown sugar and honey; bring to a boil, stirring constantly
- 10. Boil about 1 min. Remove from the heat
- 11. Using a wooden spoon, stir in milk and vanilla. Beat in powdered sugar until smooth; cool 1 min
- 12. Spread evenly over cake and let sit for a while before serving. (I sometimes place the cake in the fridge for the frosting to harden before serving - but can be eaten right away!)
I'm Khaili, and I love life! I hope you find inspiration while on my slice of the web :)Read more about this chef..
Full bodied and flavourful stew with tender beef and hints...
Sweet and Zesty Shrimp side dish. Also works great as...
Good morning sunshine, shall we start the day with some...
Lightly breaded chicken with a creamy basil sauce. Delicious service...
Oatmeal topped with sliced Banana, Strawberries and Raspberries – with...